The other night I felt like cooking and so I whipped up some pasta and tried a new sauce to go on it. I have to say that I liked it but I’ll do a few things different next time. I’m pretty much a lover of all things pasta though, so it’s hard to mess pasta up for me!
I got this from someone’s blog a while back and I’m sorry I don’t know where, so I can’t give you credit!
PEANUT BUTTER PASTA
Dry pasta(enough for 2-3 people)
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup hot water
1/4 cup soy milk or coconut milk (or more water)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp steak sauce or vegan worcestershire sauce
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp cayenne (more if you like it spicy)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
3-4 cups veggies cut into bite size pieces
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Cook the pasta. While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the peanut butter, hot water, and soy milk until smooth. Stir in the soy sauce, worcestershire, garlic, cayenne, salt and pepper. When pasta is almost done, add veggies and cook for another couple of minutes. Drain and return to pot. Pour in the peanut sauce and toss well. Garnish with chopped nuts.
The kids liked it, and I liked it and we’ve eaten on it many times since the original cook night! Here’s what I did different:
- the pasta says enough for 2-3 people – i used a whole box of wheat pasta (the tube looking ones, whatever they’re called)
- i had no steak sauce or worcestershire sauce so ours had none of that
- it was very garlicy (is that word?)
- deacon doesn’t like hot stuff so i used no cayenne pepper
- for veggies i cut up red peppers in small squares, brocolli, grape tomatoes and carrots chopped up
- no nuts – would be so yummy if i had had some though
So, i think since i used more pasta there wasn’t enough sauce …. next time i’ll make more sauce, b/c i like stuff saucy!!!
Let me know if you try it!