Well I’m off to vote this morning. I’m dropping Cayden off at school and then Deacon and I will head to the polls. I packed Deacon a lunch just in case we are in there for four hours!
A couple of things about my voting today …
- I have decided to vote. I have been on the fence about this forever. I realize that it wasn’t long ago that women couldn’t vote, and so today I will exercise that right.
- After two years of all this nonsense I still feel unprepared and not ready.
- Aaron pointed out last night that i’m more concerned of what people will think of me with who I choose than I am with who I’m voting for and that is plain STUPID – I feel as though I have two groups of people in my life that I both value and respect their opinions that are both voting for different people – I agree with some things on both sides. So, don’t like me more if I vote for YOUR guy and don’t like me less if I don’t. 🙂
- I have chosen who I will vote for and if I don’t chicken out when I get in the booth I will vote for them and I’ll keep it to myself. No need to talk about it.
- I still am not sure I believe that MY one vote truly counts. But whatever.
- One thing I am sure of is this ….. God is in control. He is not wondering who will win. He is sovereign. He knew who was going to win before these two men were even born. He does not need a man in the US to take care of us. He is the only redeemer and King that I will ever serve and put my trust in. I also truly believe that God is not dividing the Christians into two categories. Those that voted for Obama and those that voted for McCain. Ludicrous.
So, tell me how your voting experience went. I’ll update you on mine when I get done. Of to vote! Then to get my FREE cup of coffee!!!