I have a very inspirational blog brewing in my head but I can’t seem to sit down long enough to allow my mind to work. Maybe that’s my problem. I’m always multi-tasking and therefore all the good stuff in my head never gets to come out on this journal of mine.
Anyhow … look for a great post in a few days about people that I consider heroes in my life. I recently heard a Sara Groves song that has inspired so much thinking and pondering. I’ll fill you in soon enough. Until then enjoy this mindless chatter.
Tara tagged me and I am just so happy she finally has internet again. I mean come one who doesn’t have internet for a couple of days … it’s like she lives in a third world country or something. Come one now guys!
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
What were you doing five years ago?
May of 2003 I was:
1. adjusting to teaching 5th grade for a teacher that went on maternity leave
3. still unpacking my new apartment in a new state
4. crying and crying and crying after finding out i was pregnant when i just went to the doc to get on birth control to prevent such things from happening
5. my in-laws came to visit
What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?
1. laundry – always lots of laundry on on Monday’s
2. doing SPUR stuff
3. starting new book
4. taking care of sweet Rosa Grace
5.getting kids ready for last day of school tomorrow (YIPPEE!!!)
What are five snacks you enjoy?
1. Popcorn with lots of salt and butter
2. chips and salsa (lots of it … especially Pappasito’s)
4. cheese and crackers
What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
1. buy lots of land in the hill country in texas. build us a house, my parents a house and my in-laws a house. we can all live close one day!
2. give most away to lots of people that are doing much better things in life than I’ll ever do
3. buy land for Licia, Lori and Zach. they need more room and that would be the FIRST thing i would do!
4. go to ireland with aaron!
5. buy a condo in haiti on the beach
What are five of your bad habits?
1. committing to too many things
2. Staying up too late doing just about nothing
3. Sonic – diet coke and cheese sticks – they make my life better!
What are five places where you have lived?
1. Brownwood, TX
2. Missouri City, TX
3. Sugar Land, TX
4. Arlington, TX
What are five jobs you’ve had?
1. Kanakuk counselor (best job ever)
2. Living water office assistant
3. office assistant for thomas young
4. teacher – 5th grade, basketball & volleyball coach, language arts, journalism, bible
5. preschool teacher
What five people do you want to tag?
1. Amy – come on you’re new to blogging you need something up there, righ?!
2. King family – don’t know these people, but would love to know them …they seem super cool!
3. Courtney – met these people through my friend Amy and they just started the adoption process.
4. Rachel – my sweet friend who is going through the worst two years of her life and in the midst of there the happiest time of her life with an upcoming adoption from Ethiopia.
5. Heidi – don’t know her personally but we’ve recently started emailing. I’m pretty sure we’d be friends if we really knew each other. 🙂